Being active and exercising over the winter can be tough. As the temperature drops it can be hard to motivate yourself but with so many benefits, such as improved mood, better balance, stability and strength, as well as a decrease in risk of diseases it would be foolish not to! So we've listed the most inspiring women who make us want to put on our gym clothes and get going!
Discover the women who inspire us:
- Style Beyond Age's Sonia is an uber-stylish blogger and Instagram star who rocks great outfits, even at the gym!
2. Sue from Cheltenham Pilates and Yoga Studio - you may remember her from our feature last year when we first launched our activewear collection. She started Pilates when she was 87 when recuperating from an illness and now practices three times a week! Our local hero, poster women and inspiration, proving that it's never too late to try a new form of exercise. Read our feature on Sue here >
3. This Girl Can campaign's poster women: Sue & Catherine (top right and middle left). Catherine joined the British Military Fitness boot camps after seeing them practise in the park while she was walking her dog. Eight years on and she's never looked back!
4. Sue took up cold water swimming after breaking her ankle and loves the rejuvenating feeling it gives her.
5. Bodybuilder Ernestine Shepherd has arms to die for! Proving that strength is important at any age, she manages to look great in a crop top and sport some rather great nails while working out and at 81 years of age she is a true inspiration!
6. Madonna Buder a.k.a the Iron Nun. She set a world record by completing the gruelling Ironman Triathlon aged 82!
Doctor Catherine Walker from the Univerisity of Oxford started weight lifting at the impressive age of 65! Hear why she started below (press play):
Feeling inspired to get fit? Meet our new range of activewear. In soft and durable fabrics, these pieces combine practicality with style, whether you are attending a session at the gym or taking a gentle stroll in the countryside.
These are superb performance garments equipped with all the essential qualities for healthy exercise. The fabric wicks moisture away from the body, dries quickly and has odour control. Our raglan sleeve jacket has a warm collar with a zip front neckline, two zipped pockets and lightly padded stitched panels at the back and front. The matching pull-on leggings have a deep fully elasticated waistband with adjustable woven ties. The short-sleeve raglan top has a round neck, subtle printed side panels and an adjustable drawstring at the hem.
Too cold? Knitted in Italy, this soft mohair-blend hat and wrist-warmers (which feature useful thumb holes) make the perfect accessories to keep you warm whilst you exercise this winter.
For more interesting updates and special offers, sign up for our email newsletters here >