You have requested to switch to our Cotswold Collections IE store.
Do you want to continue?
In order to fulfil the orders you place with us, we need to gather and store information about you such as your name, delivery address, contact details, email address and credit/debit card details.
We keep a record of your purchases to enable us to send you relevant offers and communications and deal with any queries relating to an order.
We also gather general information on our website 'traffic patterns' in terms of 'hits' and areas of the site being visited. We very occasionally track individual orders.
The information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date and we will operate to protect your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
When submitting your personal information to fulfil requests, you will be given the option not to be included in mailings or other contacts from the Cotswold Collections (whether by post, e-mail, telephone or fax). If you don't want to receive this information, please inform us. If you do agree to receive this information, and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01242 536716 or by writing to us at: Cotswold Collections, Unit 3, Centrum Park, Tewkesbury Road, Cheltenham, GL51 9FD.
Use of personal data
We will only use your personal data for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Analysis for planning of business activities for Cotswold Collections.
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer. (If we contact you by e-mail, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us.)
Sharing your data with others:
- With credit card clearing agencies (Lloyds Cardnet in UK), fraud detection and prevention agencies that we use to process the orders you place. We only provide the data needed to perform these functions.
- If our business assets are ever sold.
- We do not pass credit card details on to any third party.
- We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers, Club Canvasse, part of Experian Ltd and iBehavior, part of Conexance, Wunderman Network. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus and Experian analyse this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Epsilon Abacus may transfer data outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
We only transfer data within the EEC or with countries recognised by the European Commission as having adequate protection
It is Cotswold Collections' policy that any information we hold on you is private and confidential. Therefore, we ensure that the personal information you provide to us is stored in a secure location and can only be accessed by designated staff.
We hold and collect data because it is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a business. These legitimate interests are set out below:
- Direct Marketing.
- Understanding our customers' wishes and shopping preferences.
- Continually improving our service and our products for our customers.
Due to our extended customer loyalty and our wish to provide our customers with appropriate products and services we retain our customer data for 20 years after the last purchase date.
We also make names and addresses available directly to other trusted retailers and organisations whose products we think may be of interest to you, unless you have told us not to do so. These include David Nieper, Woolovers, Hotter Shoes, Patra, Peter Hahn and Lands’ End. Charities we may share your details with include Macmillan Cancer Research, The Institute of Cancer Research, Alzheimer’s Research UK and the Woodland Trust. This list may change over time.
Please click here to manage your data preferences on your account settings. If you wish to opt out of receiving further third party mailings from Cotswold Collections please click here and state 'please suppress' and supply your details.
We use a web development company (Sozo Design Ltd) and a Mailing House (Priority Mailing Ltd).
Your acceptance of this Policy
If you would like to review or revise information you have previously provided to us online, you may do so by e-mailing email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
If you have any questions relating to this Privacy Statement or how we use the personal information we have about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Customer Services Cotswold Collections,
Telephone: 01242 536716
Fax: 01242 536714